Tuesday, April 26, 2011

One Year to Live

What would you try to accomplish if you know you only had one year to live? As I lay in my hospital bed, getting ready to pass over, I look over the past year and feel so proud of myself and what I've accomplished. Over my last 12 months, I have travelled to my dream place which is Italy.  I went there for two weeks, and I had the time of my life. After I came back home, I decided to volunteer for a variety of charities. While doing all of this, I was still attending school, there was only so much time to spend with my friends. I started to think how my life was going to shortly come to an end, and I started to get very angry. I decided to live my life to the fullest, considering I was going to die in a few months anyway, I started to get reckless. I stopped volunteering, and stopped going to school. I thought it was a great idea to party every night, and started getting into some drugs. I only had 6 more months to live. I started to get very weak, and then I felt very depressed. I came to the conclusion what I was doing was very wrong, and I was looking at my situation at the wrong angle. I had 5 months to live, and I was being so incredibly selfish. I couldn't change my past, but I thought to myself that I can change and make my last few months count. I was too weak to leave my house everyday, so instead of volunteering again, I donated most of my stuff to the charities. The last two months of my life, I spent with my friends and family in the hospital. I decided life may be short, but don't be selfish, and think of your family and friends, not just yourself. Make your life worth while, and make sure you are remembered for the good things you have done, and the way you have made a positive alter on people's lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment